Can you help us to raise more funds to improve your child’s education at Chantry?
Did you know that by making a successful application for ‘traditional’ free school meals, you can help Chantry to raise extra funds (Pupil Premium) to support and improve your child’s education?
Why should I apply for free school meals?
There are a number of reasons why applying now for free school meals is a good idea:
- You may get help with the cost of educational visits.
- You will get help with the cost of other activities such as music tuition.
- School will receive Pupil Premium income for every child who is registered for free school meals and will have more money to spend on helping your child to achieve their potential.
- All of these benefits to you and school apply even if your child would prefer to bring a packed lunch to school – they just need to be registered for free school meals.
Would I qualify?
If you are in receipt of ANY one of the following benefits, then you should be eligible and able to help us raise more funds:
- Child Tax Credit (Families receiving Working Tax Credit are not eligible)
- Income Support
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of The Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment made for a further 4 weeks after someone stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How do I apply?
To apply simply complete the online form at www.northumberland.gov.uk or call Free School Meals at County Hall on 01670 623592. For more information speak to Mrs Chattaway. Your enquiry will be dealt with in complete confidence.