The Three Rivers Learning Trust consists of Chantry and Newminster Middle Schools and The King Edward VI High School. The Trust also has an alliance agreement with Dr Thomlinson Middle School, Rothbury and we work jointly to ensure the excellence of the education we provide to over 2500 students aged 9 – 19 in the area defined by the Rivers Coquet, Font and Wansbeck.
All three schools in the Trust have rich, respected and successful histories and will continue
to be at the heart of our local and regional community. As a result of the autonomy granted by converting to a multi–academy trust in December 2011, we have an added drive to build upon our successes, whilst valuing our heritage, to ensure that all our students are well prepared to lead successful lives within challenges of the twenty – first century.
The Three Rivers Learning Trust is a unique and innovative outward facing organisation open to learning from the best practice. Considered research and evaluation, at local, national and global levels, will inform our priorities and growth.
Our three schools have shared values and priorities. A single Board of Directors is responsible for the strategic direction and performance of The Three Rivers Learning Trust.
Our purpose is to show each individual that they matter and will be valued for their contribution to the world in which they live. We provide learning and enriching experiences to inspire, motivate, stretch and meet the needs of all learners.
We encourage a lifelong love of learning to enable all to develop the attitudes, skills and knowledge to become confident communicators, resilient and responsible citizens, willing to accept responsibility and demonstrate qualities of leadership.
We want our young people to:
- contribute positively and creatively now and in the future
- aspire to be the best they can be, and to achieve success and independence in their learning
- develop the skills, including team-work, enterprise and handling risk, to be successful for life beyond school
- make informed decisions about their future, for a healthy and safe lifestyle
- understand, appreciate and respect each other and the diverse world in which we live
We aim to provide:
- the highest quality teaching, learning and assessment
- a broad, balanced, stimulating and creative curriculum
- personal support and guidance for all students – especially as they make choices about their future
- a wide choice of enrichment activities to extend development, challenge, enjoyment and international awareness beyond the curriculum
- a continuously improving, flexible and enabling learning environment